Southern Man

Sunday, October 10, 2010


Southern Man's recent post on education garnered both praise and critisism (that is, if personal attacks qualify as critisism), as did his comment on a recent Facebook post praising Glorious Leader's decision to pour even more money into a broken system. Southern Man has a couple of vo-tech teachers in his evening classes who decry the slow but steady demolishion of career education in the public schools. So here's a Reason TV spot, about three minutes long, that further explains why big government top-down "solutions" to our education problems simply will not work:

I especially liked the little statistic that the NEA - the largest labor union in the country - makes more political contributions than Microsoft and Exxon/Mobil combined and that 95% of that money goes to Democrats. Don't call them "partisan," though - that'd be rascist or something. One wonders who the other 5% are.

Hat tip to InstaPundit.


At Wednesday, November 10, 2010, Blogger philmon said...

I love it when people dig up the numbers. "Oh, the Republicans are supported by eeeeeevil big business and eeeeeeeeevil big oil".

Mmmm hmmm.

The other 5%? I'm guessin' the Socialist Party. I mean the official one.


Post a Comment

<< Home