Southern Man

Friday, September 19, 2008

Talk Like A Pirate Day

Arr, mateys, it be 19 September, and that be "Talk Like A Pirate Day" so Southern Man gives ye his official "Pirate to Professor" translator. You'll be pardonin' me if all me knowledge of piraty talk is from the Pirates of the Carribean movies.

Aye! Hoist the colors! All lubbers on deck and man the guns!

Yes, I'll be having office hours today.

Avast, ye mangy bilge rat, or ye'll be keel-hauled fer sure and it'll be the Locker for ye!

I'm sorry, but I don't accept late homework.

Aye, aye, cap'n, the wind be at our backs! Set course for Tortuga!

Of course I'll have that assessment report done by the end of the day.

Ahoy, ye saucy wench, break out the rum and see what crawled out of the bung hole today!

(Addressed to a female colleague) Would you like to join me for lunch?

Arr, we be gathered here today to nail yer hides to the mast, ye poxy curs!

Students, we'll be having a pop quiz today.

Me lords the Official Talk Like A Pirate Guys will be pleased to see me proper use of the "Five A's", as shown in this here video...



And the Dutchman has jut signaled that since Talk Like A Pirate Day is on a Friday, it's officially Talk Like A Pirate Weekend! So Talk Like A Pirate this weekend!

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 19, 2008, Blogger Neighborsman said...

ahoy matey! there be pirates in new yaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh city!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home