Southern Man

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rainy Sunday

As promised, the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down and I elected to skip church and sleep in today. And had a nice lazy cool Sunday morning. Did a little housework and a little laundry, watched a little tube, and generally just lazed around and read and played on the computer.

I did manage to get out at about one and head for my workplace - not so much to work, but to work out. Sunday afternoons are good for that; the weight room isn't crowded and I'm not pressed for time as I often am in the mornings, so I got in a full hour on the treadmill and worked my way through the entire line of weight machines. And then, happily enough, my guitar instructor (of all people) ducked in and asked if I wanted to shoot some hoops with him. So we did, and had a great time, except that at the end I was up HOR to HORS on him and he still beat me with a couple of incredibly lucky long shots. We had spent my entire lesson time last Friday talking about our divorces (he is also divorced and has two small kids that stay with him half the time and her the other half) instead of actually having a lesson. It is incredibly theraputic to talk about this to other people. And we ended up praying together, which was pretty cool. It also saved me from the embarassment of revealing that I wasn't remotely ready for my lesson. I definitely need to get in more practice time over the next couple of weeks.

Got a busy and event filled week coming up, including a birthday party at what was once "our" house and a trip to Big D with my son to see his favorite screamo band. Happy upcoming birthday, son - I hope we have a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home