Southern Man

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Three Day Weekend

Southern Man seldom resorts to this but given the nature of Good Friday (the university closes at noon) he dismissed his Friday morning lab (and there was much rejoicing) to give himself a three-day weekend.

Of course there was geocaching.

One was hidden behind this tree.

Oh, there it is!

Southern Man spent some quiet time at the Ancestral Manor as well.


Southern Son demonstrates his musical talents. Southern Man does not count "rapping" as one of these.

Southern Father

With the completion of some new homes near the Manor the crews had left a couple of cubes of brick out by the dumpster so Southern Man took a couple of pickup loads out to The Land and unloaded and stacked them. Yes, he finds this relaxing, as it satisfies the urges generated by his pack-rat and scrounging genes.

And Sunday was spent in Sunday School and dining with good friends and then relaxing at home. Southern Man needs more weekends like this. Lord, you have heaped blessings on us. And the greatest of these was your Son, who died for our sins and intercedes for us before Your throne. We are ever grateful! Amen.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, April 11, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog and notice that you sometimes end your posts in a short prayer. So you are religious? What church do you attend?

 
At Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Blogger Southern Man said...

I was born and raised Nazarene and still consider myself such even though I attend a non-denominational charismatic church at this time. My spiritual life is pretty shaky right now but I'm trying to improve it. Prayers on the blog are just a way to publicly acknowledge the power and authority of God in my life and to give praise and thanks for all that He has done for me and my family.

 
At Friday, April 19, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll take the bait....what has HE done for you and your family?

 
At Sunday, April 21, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Church" did not have denominations in the beginning...the believers being steadfast and true to the calling. Nowadays it seems to be watered down by the ever declining culture we live in. Why is that Southern Man? Sin is sin but we tolerate it more and more especially within church walls. Why? Seems like lukewarm is the norm now...which Jesus says He will vomit.

 
At Friday, April 26, 2013, Blogger Southern Man said...

There are two greatest concerns in my life. The first is that I am lukewarm. I don't have the courage or faith to be the kind of man God wants me to be. The second is that I am a rich man. God has blessed me in so many ways but Christ assures us that it is hard for a rich man to enter His kingdom. How do I pass on the blessing that I have received to others, as to be worthy of Him? And that's a very Nazarene viewpoint right there. Paul assures us that we are saved by faith, but my church preaches that faith must be supported by works. So I'm working on both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home