Well, look who's home for the holidays at Norfolk Navy Base?
Southern Man's first thought was "target-rich environment."
From left to right:
- Aircraft carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69)
- Aircraft carrier George H. W. Bush (CVN 77)
- Aircraft carrier Enterprise (CVN 65)
- Amphibious assault ship Bataan (LHD 5)
- Aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72)
- Aircraft carrier Harry S Truman (CVN 75)
- Amphibious assault ship Wasp (LHD 1)
- Amphibious assault ship Kearsarge (LHD 3)
- Amphibious landing platform dock New York (LPD 21)
- A T-AKE dry cargo ammunition ship
- Amphibious assault ship Iwo Jima (LHD 7)
U.S. Navy is pretty much the most powerful battle fleet ever assembled. Any one of the carriers - for that matter, any one of the amphibious assault ships - is a match for the entire military force of most countries. And Teen Daughter The Elder is a little part of it!
Hat tip to Instapundit, who linked to this post at readability.com. Also, The Dignified Rant for amusing Pearl Harbor analogies.