Southern Man

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Daughter Weekend Day 3

With daughter off with Southern Sister Southern Man made a run out to The Land and piddled around for a bit and brought back a movie tween daughter had requested, then that afternoon on her return we watched said movie and then headed out to the local amusement park.

In front of the Mind Bender. Southern Man rode it once, and that was enough. And by "once" he means once long ago.

The park was in full Halloween mode and crawling with characters and creatures and zombies...

With a living statue.

...and of course the Magic Show and the Gunfight Show (which we always attend) had supernatural themes as well.

Cowboys and Sheriffs and Zombies, oh my!

The big event was the Haunted House which kept us there till late so we came home and collapsed into bed after a fun but exhausting day.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, October 02, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Southern Man! You sure have a pretty tween. Not spoiled is she?!! How is that wacky back of yours? I typed in key words I thought was sending me to Southern Living for recipes and your blog came up as a choice. Do you love to cook? I am learning...the way to a man's heart is his stomach and I have a keeper! I like reading your posts. When I have more time I will read your back months. You are interesting. Do you by chance have a good chili recipe?

 
At Sunday, October 02, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a good chili recipe:

This chili recipe is very easy, flavorful without being hot.

1 package ground beef - 1 to 2 pounds
1 bag frozen sliced bell peppers (various colors)
1/2 to 1 chopped onion (optional)
1 large can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1/4 cup chili powder
2 cans beans (black, kidney, or chili)
Salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 can or bottle of beer (optional. Drink the other half while you are cooking.)

In a large skillet, crumble the ground beef, and add the bell peppers and onions. Stir and cook. When the beef is brown, put it all in a large pot. Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a slow simmer and cook for at least an hour, or longer if you can. You can add your favorite hot sauce if you like it hotter.

Girl Programmer

 
At Sunday, October 02, 2011, Blogger Southern Man said...

And my favorite chili alternative:

1 lb ground beef
1 pk taco seasoning
1 jar salsa
4-5 cans beans

Brown ground beef with taco seasoning. Drain, add salsa and beans. Simmer for a while. Easy and delicious!

 
At Sunday, October 09, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a mint for the yummy and easy recipes. The football crowd raved about my dish. I used yours Southern Man because it was easier (plus the fact that I could not find bell peppers that were not on the verge of mold). It is a keeper for sure.

Post a recipe for easy Thanksgiving and Christmas too please. The less ingredients the better for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home