Southern Man

Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Taxing Weekend

Well, after about three hours sleep and with ears still ringing after two consecutive nights of high-decibel rock, I hauled my exhausted carcass out of bed to finish my tax homework and study for the morning quiz and afternoon exam. Class was intense; no break at all and he kept us half an hour late to try to get everything in that he could. Lunch was a burger from the Sonic next door, and then the afternoon was spent grinding through that final exam. It was pretty tricky and I either did really well or really poorly. With that done I was exhausted and just barely made it home...and crawled straight into bed, where I would remain for pretty much the rest of the afternoon and evening.

So today I got up and showered and dressed for church and the following lunch (which I was really looking forward to as I would have been able to see my girls for a while), went outside, and found that my truck had decided to take the morning off. The battery was so dead it wouldn't even accept a charge. I had become a little suspicious of it lately anyway so I guess it's time for a new one. At least it got us back home from Texas yesterday! I suppose at some point this afternoon I'll bum a ride to Wal-Mart with someone and pick up a new battery. In the meantime I have yet another lazy Sunday morning to relax and read and play games and update the 'ole blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home