Southern Man

Sunday, September 23, 2012

State Fair

One would think that after three busy weekends Southern Man would be ready to take a Day of Rest and just chill at home but he made a promise that given a choice between staying in (which as an introvert is just fine with him) and going out, he'd go out, and since a group from his own church had planned an outing for the last day of the State Fair he decided to join them.

Fun at the Fair

We ate Fair Food (Southern Man had Chicken On A Stick and Street Tacos and Chocolate Covered Bacon, among other delicacies) and walked through the various exhibitions and took a break to watch a waterless cookware demo (Southern Man almost succumbed) and some of the girls rode rides (and one of them got a bit seasick as a result) and we ended up spending pretty much the entire day and evening there and Southern Man didn't get to bed until after one in the morning. He'll pay the price for that tomorrow but it was a good time.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 01, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how is the Land life like? Is it in any way like you first thought? I do not think I could handle not having a bath/shower. Is it creepy hearing bugs at night? I hear country living is spooky. Is it? Do coyotes howl in your red dirt area? What about snakes? You need a strong dog who gets along with cats who eat mice and snakes and creatures like that. I am being serious Southern Man. Really...how is it going?

 
At Tuesday, October 02, 2012, Blogger Southern Man said...

It's a little primitive but I love it. I love the sounds of the night (which, sadly, includes the thump-thump-thump of the natural gas well across the road) and I'll often step outside at two in the morning to listen and think and look at the moonlight on the pond. It's quiet and cool and dark in my "bedroom" and I sleep better there than I have in a long time. I caught a mouse last night - mice are an endless problem. I'm not much of a dog person but there will be barn cats, some day. First World Problems - I miss the Internet more than I do running water!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home